Search the Omeda Knowledge Base
Email – Automated ACS Notifications
To create an automated ACS notifications follow these step by step instructions:
- Identify the correct deployment type – verify in Email Builder defaults that the correct person is selected as the final approver at the deployment type level.
- Verify the correct testers and seednames in Email Builder defaults at the deployment type level.
- Client must create content and either post to their web site, or have HTML file that can be uploaded to the portal. Client must then upload the content either by copy paste, URL load or file upload.
- Client must provide the Subject Line, From Line and Mailbox Name values.
- Create the OnQ query. The key items to remember in the query are – you must use product rules and the memo date field should utilize the day counter for the frequency of these emails,
Memo Date: >=(today-7) if sending weekly
- Based on the content, you may need to include additional merge variables in the Email Builder output file. Create a new output format since this will need to be declared in the Email Builder recurring setup.
- Navigate to Email Builder, select New, and then Recurring Series (if you do not have this option, please let your Omeda Account Manager know so your account can be updated).
- In the Summary pleat, click the “Set Recurring Settings” link, set your timing and end date options, check the “Automatic approval and scheduling” checkbox, then save.
- Update the rest of the Summary pleat options, with deployment name, deployment type, owner, and then save the summary pleat.
- Expand the audience pleat, click “Select OnQ Query”, search for the query that you created for this deployment, and select it. If you have a specific output criteria that was created for this deployment, you will need to select it when during this step.
- Set how far in advance to sending these deployments the audience list should be pulled, by clicking the Pull Audience dropdown.
- Choose what type of messages you will be sending… HTML only, Text only, or both. Save the audience pleat.
- Expand the Message Content pleat and fill in the From Line, Mailbox Name and Subject Line your client provided.
- Click the Message Content source dropdown, select “Web Site URL” and then provide the content source details (your client should have provided this to you), and save the message content pleat.
- Use the test link under the source URL text box to make sure your settings are correct.
- Set how far in advance to sending these deployments the content should be pulled in and test messages to send. This will only apply to the initial testing as once the first one is approved, then they will send automatically from that point on. Save the Message Content pleat.
- You may or may not have a billing pleat, if you do, expand it and select your billing category.
- Go back to summary pleat and check the “activate” checkbox, and save.
- Once the first deployment of the series is created, then test, approve, and schedule the deployment as normal.
- Once the initial deployment on the series has been manually approved and scheduled then subsequent deployments will automatically send based on the timing that was set in the series.