Omeda Celebrates IAPP’s Data Privacy Day
Last updated: January 26, 2023
At Omeda, we believe data is the lifeblood of business – and keeping it safe is essential for success. We recognize that our clients trust us to protect and govern their data and we take that responsibility seriously. With several state, national and international privacy laws set to take effect in 2023, we’re continuing to adapt our privacy policies, as well as expand on our security and compliance programs to meet the demands of a fast-moving, privacy-first world.
As we celebrate IAPP’s Data Privacy Day, we’d like to share some updates on how we’re keeping your data safe.
Last year, we marked Data Privacy Day by announcing the launch of our Data Privacy Program, which aims to improve, formalize, and adapt our organization-wide privacy program in service of our clients.
Led by Bettina Lippisch, our Vice President of Privacy and Data Governance, these programs will continue to drive our privacy strategy, industry leadership, and best practices both for our clients and internally at Omeda.
Some highlights from the past year include:
1. We launched the Omeda Academy providing clients and team members with a comprehensive resource offering, among other aspects, best practices and standardized processes around data management & governance.
2. We completed the SOC 1 Part 2 Report, with a SOC 2 audit in progress to be completed in early 2023, standardizing controls and decreasing risk across all aspects of the business to continue to enhance data and platform security.
3. We attended industry leading privacy conferences, continuing to learn and implement the latest security, privacy and data standards across Omeda’s operations and products, including:
- 2022 World Privacy Summit, Washington, DC
- 2022 Privacy and Security Risk Conference, Austin, TX
- M3AAWG’s 56th General Meeting, San Francisco, CA
We appreciate the work that Bettina and the rest of our team have done to keep our clients and our organization secure, and we look forward to seeing what’s in store for this upcoming year.
As always, data privacy and governance are our top priority. This year and beyond, we aim to partner with our clients to help them keep their data safe and secure. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please feel free to reach out to your Client Success Manager or Bettina Lippisch.
You can also find more information on data privacy in our biweekly newsletter, as well as our blog, website, and social media – stay tuned to stay current!
Feb. 28 at 11AM CST: Learn best practices on managing consent and privacy preferences on Omeda.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to get our latest articles sent directly to your inbox.
What you should do now
- Schedule a Demo to see how Omeda can help your team.
- Read more Marketing Technology articles in our blog.
- If you know someone who’d enjoy this article, share it with them via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or email.